I’m Catherine Gitau and this is my personal website where I write about all things data science, machine learning, deep learning and NLP.
I wear a lot of hats and still figuring out what exactly I want to focus on in my DS/ML career but all in all I consider myself a data and applied research scientist. I’m somewhere in between research and production where I find solutions to practical and real-life problems and implementing them. But at the same time, I also enjoy doing data science to generate business insights and build products around them. So, welcome aboard and buckle up! This is my journey into self discovery 😁
While you’re still here feel free to..
- Check out my blog posts.
- Have a look at other articles I’ve written on my Medium.
- Look at some of the things I have worked on in Projects or on
- Peep my CV.
- Textual Data Augmentation Tools And Techniques
- Machine Translation Eval Metrics
- Must Have 10 Data Science Books
- Fuzzy String Matching In Python
💻 September 1st - Launched this personal blog 🥳
🗣️ August 2021 - Presented at LoResMT Workshop @ MT Summit 2021 on Challenges and Advances in MT Systems for African Languages
💻 June 2021 - Launched Masakhane Web, A Machine Translation platform for solely African Languages.